ADVANCED Codecs 10.3.8 is an audio and video codec package which contains a full suite of codecs whereas the STANDARD Codecs only contains the LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles.
This installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive package.
These type of audio and video suites have been a problem for most users at one time or another. Due to the fact, there has never been an ‘out of the box’ working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning. There are several decent solutions out there, but none of them did everything I wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a re-installation just to get the what I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn’t play properly. This frustration was the basis for me to begin making a codec pack that works with ALL players.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs. The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and xy-VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
Things the Shark pack does that other packs cannot do . . .
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support the use of the Play To function for MKV and FLV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
The following filetypes are enabled and supported by the installation of Shark’s Codec Solutions:
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
ADVANCED Codecs 10.3.8 What’s New:
- update LAV filters
- update Gabest Filters
- update FFDshow
Note: Please uninstall your old version before installing a newer release.
How to install:
- Install software